Not me, not today


I'm writing you this lines so that you know
I'm not perfect, oh, not at all.
I've got issues and I've got a lot of problems
I force myself to believe in happy days but I kind of don't
If I could embrace your soul, I would
If I could reach to you, I would
I'm not afraid of showing who I am or in what mood I'm in
I love honesty and I appreciate it no matter how much it hurts.
Every note touches my heart and melts it
It's a good thing because that means that's still breathing
I've not lost hope, it is always next to me, in me
It's something that keeps me from falling
It's the reason I might open my eyes in the morning
Nobody's perfect and we all know it
To reach perfection, no one could
And do you know why?
They don't even see it, it's right before their eyes
Everyone is perfect in their own way
But not me, not today.

Comments

Popular Posts