To my artists

Artists.
Writers.
Poets.
Painters.
Musicians.

We are all united in one thing:
We are passionate.
Passionate in our love.
Passionate in our hatred.

Some carve their pain along their wrists.
Some carve their pain on paper.
Some, like me, carve their pain into words
Into musical notes drifting from a guitar.

This is what creates beauty.
Out of our sorrow,
Often comes the enjoyment of others.
Little do they know the tears involved in the enjoyment of their senses.

Little do they know
Hoe deeply we feel.
How we literally feel our hearts break and sigh
With every movement of our fingertips
As we attempt to create beauty.

So this is to you artists.
I know you're sad.
I know you feel hopeless.
I know you feel rejected.
Worthless.
Helpless.

Know that you are not alone.
And know that these things don't define you.
And know...
Know that i love you.
Not just because i can relate to you
But because we are alike.
Because you are my sister.
My brother.
My friend.

Comments

Popular Posts